Career & Technical Education (CTE / CTEC)
Career & Technical Education Center (CTEC)
A separate location from other Salem-Keizer high schools, CTEC is a hub for area junior and senior students enrolled in CTEC programs. The state-of-the-art facility is a public-private partnership between Salem-Keizer Public Schools and area business leaders.
CTEC provides students the opportunity to:
- Earn college-level credits
- Earn industry-specific certifications and licenses
- Internships and apprenticeships
- Mentor programs and job shadows
- Receive online training
- Access career services including career fair, resume assistance, mock interviews, and portfolio development
How do I attend both CTEC and EDGE high school classes?
- Free transportation is provided to students who are bused from their local high school to spend 2.5 days a week on the CTEC campus.
- CTEC students are still enrolled at their home school. You can participate in extracurricular activities and clubs and will receive your diploma from your local high school.
- CTEC's cafeteria runs on the same meal plans and lunch programs as other high schools.
How to Apply
If you're academically on track to begin next school year as a junior or senior, you can apply for admission to CTEC.
Because EDGE students are dually enrolled in their neighborhood school, they can participate in their neighborhood school's performing arts programs. Check out your local school's Career & Technical Education page for more information.