Instructions for students to log into Canvas
- From the EDGE Website, on the right-hand side you will find “Canvas student login” or if on a phone, you will find it down towards the bottom.
- Or click the link this link to be redirected from this post. CANVAS Student Login
- Click on the link and it will ask you to give your user id and password. This is your school ID and the password you have set up in the years past.
- Enter that information and it will link you to your Canvas account.
- Once Synergy has loaded your classes, you should be able to see your courses, along with announcements and notifications.
Help on Navigating Canvas as a student
- Watch the YouTube video “Canvas Overview for Students Global Navigation”
- Canvas Calendar is a great tool to help you keep up on due dates. Click on the “Calendar” tab on the left side of page at any time to see due dates in Canvas. Additionally, please watch for due dates on My Student portal grades. A rule that will help you: Look at due dates on My Student portal for what will be coming!
Sometimes the documents you send will be unreadable to the teacher, especially when you submit from home. The best way to make sure your teacher receives your assignment clearly is to save them as a PDF.
How to save a document as a PDF and submit it
Any Google Products:
- After you have completed a Google Doc, Slide, or Template— select the “File” tab, then Download, and PDF document (if a Google Product).
- To Submit: Click the red submit button on the upper left corner of your assignments. Click the Upload button on the bottom (middle of the submission page. Find in your English Folder and Upload the PDF – file— Not other documents.
- After you have completed a Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or Excel Spreadsheet, Click on “File” and then “Save As”.
- Select where you have created your course folder, for example, the “Desktop”
- Name your file “My English 9th Grade PDF’s”
- Click “Save as type”, and select PDF
- Select “Save”
To Submit: Click the red submit button on the upper left corner of your assignments. Click the Upload button on the bottom middle of the submission page. Find the folder where you saved your document of PDF for the assignment. Select the document (or PDF) you need to upload for the assignment. Last, make sure you click “Submit Assignment” button.